council tax on my project ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
how long can you get exemption on your house renovation project unnocupied..ive had 12 months exemption so far 6 months to start with followed by a further 6 months by doing major works such as knocking down walls etc and providing proof etc..but the house is still nowhere nere done is there any other way around avoiding paying this fresh air charge for an unnocupied dwelling ! not sure if im selling renting or living in it at moment and are still in rental currently paying council tax...are there any more loopholes cheers again :confused: :)

Sponsored Links
Uninhabitable, undergoing major repair or newly repaired properties (maximum 12 months exemption)

Unoccupied and unfurnished properties which need major repairs or are being structurally altered (classed as uninhabitable). The exemption can continue for up to 12 months. Newly built dwellings can be exempt for up to six months after completion if they remain unoccupied.

There is link here that you may find useful
http://www.south-norfolk.gov.uk/counciltax/925.asp
I now it's not Leeds City council, but it will be true of most councils.

cheers prentice..usefull info thought id look into avoiding the inevitable. :( :mad: i will now pay 2 council tax bills to swell the there gold plated pension pots! ******s

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back