Couple of questions about CAMRAY QUARTET (Boulter) boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Q1. My boiler (circa 1996) works fine. The problem is that it tends to keep restarting if the wind is blowing in a certain direction. My friend owns a plumbing supplies business and he told me that Boulter brought out a flue kit to extend the flue upwards to stop this happening. However, I have since discovered that Boulter were taken over and the spares guy I spoke to didn't really know much about this or if they even had any.

Has anyone here come across such a beast and if so where would I get one?

Q2. Bleeding the system. Is there a 'correct' way to effectively remove all the unwanted air? I know that you need to have the system off, but is there a standard sequence of rad bleeding that is more effective than others? The reason I ask is that after bleeding all is well, but within a week or two air has found it's way back in (or I didn't do it properly in the first place!).

Q3. I don't have a room stat, only a boiler stat in the drop down letterbox housing on the boiler. What is the recommended setting for this? High, mid or low in order to get the most economic operation?

Thank you for your help.

Axxe

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back