couple of things...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I'm hoping someone can advise me....
I had a chemical dpc injected along the outside wall of my end terrace house in august. The walls however did not have the plaster removed as I was told it wasn't necessary (by Rentokil who did the work). The walls are still wet - especially where they used the tool to probe into the wall to check the damp levels (there are very obvious circles around the areas maybe 4cm in diameter.)
Please can someone tell me what to do as this is driving me to distraction!!
Secondly, I was about to hang a new blind in my bedroom window this afternoon when i noticed a vertical crack about and inch and a half in from the window which runs the whole height of the window. The crack is approx 3mm in diameter and the plaster has started to come away from the brick behind it.
This is my first house and I feel I was well and truly shafted, as there are numerous other things the previous owners covered up in order to sell. If someone can give me some advice Id be really grateful.

Sponsored Links
Do I not need to give it a certain amount of time though? I was told the plaster would take a long time to dry out, but with all this bad weather I am seeing no sign of it!!
Will give them a ring but with it being Easter may not be able to get hold of anyone yet.

Your gonna get admin rapping you for multiple posts; it really isn’t necessary & causes a tremendous amount of confusion! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
sorry, i didnt know where it should go and thought it was relevant to the places i posted in one way or another - sorry for the confusion!! :oops:

Here or Building would have done; most of the regulars don't confine themselves to visiting just one forum ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back