course costs-nvq level 2?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
nearly completed 6129 level 2 and been told we've gotta enrol for nvq 2 in order to do 6129 level 3.i feel like ive been ripped off :evil: :evil: seems like a big money making racket to me :!: :!: theres supposed to be a shortage of bods in the industry so why are they making it more difficult to complete your training?6129 level 3 will be 2 nights a week for 2 years(approx £1300 squidler :eek: ).been told nvq 2 will be approx £600.how much has it cost you lot?dont know how im gonna afford it...mortgage,kids etc.also ben told i can only do water regs+unvented after 6129(3) another dont know how much.my opinion is that cit+guilds have shaf**d us
after all that theres nvq level 3.....will be 2010+ if i manage to finish...by then they'll have some numpti frickin robot doing it :confused: :confused: :mad: :mad: :mad: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :evil: :evil: :?: :?: :?: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
Bahco said:
I need an NVQ to understand your post. :LOL:

I think the poster went on a 5k 6week intensive training and now finds its a rip-off :LOL:

6129??? I did an old fashioned apprenticeship and @ 21 i :oops: could do a69

Sponsored Links
Nige F said:
6129??? I did an old fashioned apprenticeship and @ 21 i :oops: could do a69

That your chosen position in life Nige, :cool: :cool:

A man of the cloth :LOL: :LOL:

can't you get some help for Mr Blair mate, he seems to be throwing cash around like sweeties for training?

Just looked at a local college site and all in (tutor, test and book fees etc) shouldn't cost more than £500 for Level 2, mind you thats if you can get a place

600 on the waiting list to get on the plumbing course at Bilston College. :eek:

Plumbing seems to be still the bandwagon to get on. :D

sr72, you wanna go down the electrician route mate and see what that costs you....i know how you feel and im gettin really f***ed off with it all.
My brother in law did a 1 week tiling course not so long ago, and i swear to god he is raking it in, and he has no organisations looking over his shoulder chasing him with a rulebook and wanting to sqeeze some more pennys out of you....

BenStiller said:
sr72, you wanna go down the electrician route mate and see what that costs you....i know how you feel and im gettin really f***ed off with it all.
My brother in law did a 1 week tiling course not so long ago, and i swear to god he is raking it in, and he has no organisations looking over his shoulder chasing him with a rulebook and wanting to sqeeze some more pennys out of you....

Yes definitely agree with that, get on the sparky bandwagon while you still can. Our local college course i already full but not as over subscribed as plumbing. I know of two estate agents who are giving up fairly lucrative careers and getting trained as sparkys purely to carry out safety checks for homesellers packs in 2007.

howdy folks,
thing that pi88ssed me most is that they want the £500 for the nvq2......if we dont pay this we cant do level 3(cit+gild).thats the reason why i enrolled on cit+gild in the first place so i could do it part time and fit my job in as well. the NVQ ROUTE states and i rougly quote that"youve got to be working for a plumber or be on site so whoever(joe plumber team leader)can sign your portfoilio for college to asess. so that puts me in acatch 22 situation.....whos gonna want to set a student on and pay full wages :eek: :cry: ,yep you guessed it!!..HOPE THIS IS MAKING SOME SENSE :) .. the college tutors have told me that i could work for my self but and a big but i'd have to PAY for an assesor to look at my work+sign portfolio..and WAIT FOR IT at-£100-150 A TIME making roughly 10 visits.doesnt take einstein to work out that 10*100=lot of moola just for someone to say yep that looks ok to me then sign it then cheerio,thanks very muchly. :mad: :mad:
i just dont know what to do.the only little cosolation is that they give you 3 years to finish this nvq portfolio so i suppose it gives you time to find a job with a plumbing outfit.

ihope this hasnt sounded like waffle... .. bu**er it im gonna boozer :(

incidentally..all construction courses right across the board are choka bloka in my area so ive jumped on this so called plumbing bandwaggon and better stick to it.....oh just before i go...anybody want a bathroom fitting :D :D :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back