Cover of the thermostatic valve on a radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The control cover of the thermostatic valve with the numbers on a radiator has broken. Can I buy a new control cover or will I have to buy the whole kit?

Sponsored Links
Depends om make.Most of the better ones provide the head as a spare.
Honeywell,Drayton etc.Try you local merchants.Take the old one in to ID it.

Post a picture, if you can, someone bound to recognise the make.

If you can get the make, model etc and no spare head available you could still buy the whole valve and simply change the head.

Thank you for your replies. The make is Lifestyle. I don't know the model number. I will try to post a picture...

Are they a universal size or do they differ?

Sponsored Links
The make is Lifestyle.
It's an older version of the Drayton RT212 valve.

I see the chrome body has a single arrow, pointing towards the rad. Later versions have two arrows at right angles, so the current RT212 head may not fit.

The head is removable, just turn the knurled nut anticlockwise (looking down). No water will leak out

Drayton do not list the head for the RT212 separately, though it may be available.

Email them at [email protected] and explain the problem. They are normally very helpful.

Thank you for your help D.Hailsham. I have sent a picture to Drayton and explained. I've been on their website and the RT212 does look the same as ours. Casso

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back