Cover speakers wires in wall before plastering

tej

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am putting ceiling speakers into my living room and have chased the wall and pulled the wires down the wall. I need to cover this wiring as the walls are getting plastered.

I also need to create a bend to take the wires where i need to.

So wanted to know should i be using plastic conduits for this? what would i need to use for the when angling the wire?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
When the cable is travelling down the wall it should be running straight, not angled. Something in this range normally does it LINK

If you have to bend then simply cut the ends of the conduit at the appropriate angles to make the turn. But it does make it harder to predict the direction and where to avoid drilling in the future.

Also take photos that you can refer to in 5 years time when someone decides she wants a picture hanging "right there". Otherwise, if you are like me, you'll have no recollection of where the wires run!

Be sure to keep the images safely - several copies tucked away on DVD discs, memory sticks, Hard drives and hard copy.

Sponsored Links
It is being fed from the floor upstairs and then chased through the walls

think will have to go with the conduits

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back