Crabtree C50 triple pole D Type

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Not posted on here for a long while!

I have a crabtree c50 board with a 15 amp typeC triple pole breaker. Just had a new compressor installed and we now need a D type. As far as i can see there isn't a D type breaker in the C50 range. If there is, could someone point me in the direction of one or, if not could someone advise of anything that will fit in the board to replace it? failing that, all other suggestions and abuse are welcome!!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Are you getting tripping on the C15?

You could just put a little sub-board on and feed it from that

Sponsored Links
Supply cable is 4mm armoured so all good there. 32amp rotary isolator but only 1.5mm flex to compressor.
New flex and a 30amp MCB then! I'll check the permitted ZS!

Just what equipment are D type breakers used for? I've never come across one.

X-ray equipment, with a huge but brief pulse.

Possibly for older stage lighting packs, I've known C-type trip even when they should have been in spec

There was only ever 1 version of C50 breakers I recall.
If as you say the current ones are type "C", as these were around well before Type "C" what rating the were the early ones.

When you take out the C50 there are 3 2ba threaded holes in the busbar, you could lug the tails on them and off to a small 3 phase switch fuse with HRC fuses.
Mind you getting 3 blanks for the C50 board will be a chore.

NOTE! THIS WOULD NOT REALLY BE DIY WORK

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back