Cracks below windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We inherited a 1960's dormer bungalow that has had subsidence issues in the past which consisted of several small cracks in the brickwork to one end of the property. This was caused by leaking drains which have now been repaired. I have now noticed very small cracks below a couple of the windows which follow the brickwork diagonally. These windows are away from where the original problem was. There are hairline cracks inside around one of the window frames and the sill, which is tiled, has dropped on one side. When we looked closer there is mortar repair work under all of the windows which must have been carried out at least 25 years ago. I wanted to hold onto the property but we now have a potential buyer so I need to make a decision quickly whether to keep the property or sell. Could the cracks be a big problem?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back