Crankshaft pully

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone got any feedback on manufacturer call Excel as the price is so much better than others

Sponsored Links
Is this for your Zafira, Mr. D? Is that what caused the belt to fly......pulleys incorporate a rubber damper these days, which has to be the weakest point.
So far as I know, this firm is Stateside and produces horticultural parts for Countax machinery.
Who is offering one for sale, and have you looked at Autovaux? Leader in the supply of Vauxhall bits.
John :)

That is correct, it is a local car parts wholesaler offering that brand. I am a little concerned about oem quality but the Vauxhall one is just silly price. I also need it quickly.

Update just tried the one you suggested, they dont tend to sell the Vaux one as so expensive, they sell Fabi (also oem)

Personally I'd go for it but I don't know anything about its quality.
So long as it doesn't originate from the Orient - goodness knows how you would tell anyway - it should be fine.
Can Autovaux help?

Sponsored Links
they can offer an oem no bad price about £67 plus post, the local one will do one at around £45 which is so much cheaper than the original it makes you wonder.

I have also used vauxcentre in Essex before they offer a good service, they are about same as your recommendation (also use oem one i think its BGA).

The local wholesaler also does othesr including Delphi, but said they have had some issues with Delphi ones.

just collected and the oem part looks decent quality.

Hi Burnerman

Just update you, the pulley turned out to be a pretty crap quality, although looked the part, it is pretty noisy, obviously not balanced to well in manufacturing.

May have to try and get a decent one and try again.

Cheers for the update.....what is wrong with the pulley, do you think - is it running out of true?
You should get your money back - maybe replace it with a Delphi one?
I've had no issues with Delphi stuff personally.

yes mechanic said its probably just not running true, although it looked the part, he said problem is they spray them up all nice but until you get them on and experience a problem you cant tell. He said he would have gone for the dearer ones.
The wholesaler recommended them above the Delphi but spoke to them today and said they would refund it on return, problem is becomes much more expensive than expected.

May be time to chop it in and get something a little newer

I must say I've never had a pulley running out of true......disintegrated, loose on the crankshaft, yes.
A strange one, right enough!
Do post back when it's sorted.

Sponsored Links
Back