Cream Cement (for rendering)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, does anyone know how to mix up cream coloured cement? Is it the Lime that gives it a light colour? Or does white cement exist :eek:

I'm pretty sure that I have seen buildings that have this cream cement render, or was it just painted cream?

Would save me alot as masonry paint expensive, thanks for any help

edit, just saw a similar thread, portland cement is it? :eek:

Sponsored Links
Difficult to say whether you've seen lime or white cement based render/mortar. But yes, you can get white cement. Unfortunately it's three times the price of ordinary.

Gary

As gary says you can get white cement and it cost a lot more.
The cream colour could well be painted on, you can mix renders with pigments to give it colour.

Thank you both for replying.

:D

So, is it lime mixed with just sand (very light colored sand) or do you need to add ordinary (blue circle) cement as well?

Hoping to just render my garage to save costs, then in a few years I probably will paint it.

Paint will cost more than the roof ! It's steel too :LOL:

Sponsored Links
the white cement is called snowcrete here. mixed with sand in the correct quantities will give you cream.

There is a bit more to rendering than this :idea: . Ask in the plastering forum ;)

Cheers alastairreid, will be using that stuff then!

Will ring around for the best prices. Do you reckon 5 bags of portland and 1/2 tonne sand (4:1) will be enough? The garage is roughly 20ft x 10ft.

Any tips for me Nige?
I am aiming for the smooth render look (no patterns etc) and roughed up finish like sand paper ie use a plasterer's finishing trowel to apply the mortar as smooth as I can, using battens on the corners to get a clean corner.

Wait for it to dry an hour or two, then use a polyurethane float to smooth out any imperfections, hopefully this will give it that sandpaper feel and any holes/depressions will be ignored and filled in the next day,

Does this sound ok? Cheers for any help :)

would white sand help?

Might help, but then again if im using white cement I'll probably need a darker colour sand to get a cream colour

Cream is probably the wrong word here, but something on the lines of this would look great (though I think lime was used here)

1-valhalla-wines.jpg

holes/depressions will be ignored and filled in the next day,

No fill them as you go!!!same day.

this will give you your quantities. clicky.

Thanks again for the help mate, appreciated

another lime example... this is what im looking for
dcp00771.jpg

For K Rewnd/Weber monocouche in gerneral

Rmember the colour shading will depend on what time of day it is applied how long before it is finished, what the weather is like and how wet the background is - bear in mind that you should do each elevation in one go to avoid shading!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back