Creating Background noise for neighbour privacy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone.
I'd like to have something in the garden that i can put near my boundary so I cant hear my neighbor and he cant hear me. They tend to sit next to the fence and have told me they can hear everything we say when were in the house or garden which has made me a bit uncomfortable.
I have read a previous post about the noisy water feature and that does sound like a great idea, but just wondering if there are any others. Like the look of wind chimes and maybe some rustling bamboo for those breezy days.
Just want something to distort the sounds so they cant hear all my business and I cant hear theirs. Cheers Mark

Sponsored Links
Hi Tom,
:eek: :D .
Brilliant, like that a lot. I have three hand signals that i use when gesticulating about the neighbor but I'm sure i could do with a few more :rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: .
Thats a great bit of thinking outside the box. I was just considering ways of blocking the sounds or disrupting them so they couldn't be heard, never even considered learning sighn language so there is no sounds in the first place. hummmmmmmmmmm. ch ch cheers matey. m

Sponsored Links
mark - consider having conversations about rough sex, use plenty of swear words, etc., ... they'll soon move from sitting next to your fence; they might even close their windows so they can't hear you. See if there's a version of that high pitched noise generator designed to ward-off teenagers but one that might make older folks shift (they've a range of about 10m). Maybe google 'white noise'.

Hi Symptoms,
Cheers for that. :eek: . Sounds good to me :) I have told them there inconsiderate bast***s and to F*** off and leave me alone. It seems to have done the trick. I haven't told them I have paranoid schizophrenia and have spent nearly 4 years in a psychiatric hospital :rolleyes: Think i need to get back on the medication soon, That'll help a lot i'm sure. off to Mind on monday, Brilliant place, would recommend to anyone.
Whhhay Symptoms, the wife has just read your post and really liked it. she reckons we could go a step further and actualy have rough sex on the patio.
Create a web page and have friends round. yep thank's Matey for a great idea. were on a role now. all the best mark.

plant bamboo. very good at blocking noise and helping to mask it

Put your BBQ next to the fence where they sit and leave something rancid on it to burn.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back