Creda Aqua Wave 8.5kw Electric Shower Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Is there anyone around that can help me with an electric shower problem?

I recently bought the above shower and installed with no issues but after a while of using (couple of weeks) the heater no longer comes on to heat the water. I've had two now and both have done the same thing. Also when you finish the shower and turn it off it stops for a moment then sounds a bit like a boiling kettle and blasts the rest of the boiling hot water out of the shower head.

Any help would be much appreciated as i really don't want to have to install another one to get the same issue again.

Many thanks
Gav

Sponsored Links
Its not even coming on. It used to.

When it was working and it did the whole pumping boiling hot water out at after it had been switched off then it flashed on and off. But now its not coming on at all. Its just pumping cold water :(

Do you have an idea what the issue is?

Many thanks
Gav

sounds like its got a pressure switch fault.

what happens is you push the on/off switch then the solenoid valve open letting the water through the shower if the mains water pressure is high enough it activates the pressure switch which then gives power to the power selector switch and neon light.

switch the shower on and check the pressure switch is being activated.
if its new the shower will be under warranty and they will come out free of charge.

Sponsored Links
Ahhh many thanks for your time.

How do i check the pressure switch?

Could i have water pressure problems ? or would the shower have never worked if this was the case.

My problem is i have lost my b&q reciept but yes the shower is only 2 weeks old. Could it be something i did during instalation seen as its happend on two of these same showers now?

Cheers
Gav

.... also would this have anything to do with the water coming out at the end of the shower after its switched off? It says this could be normal for the 10.5kw models but mines only an 8.5kw

Cheers
Gav

Ahhh many thanks for your time.

How do i check the pressure switch?

not being a fan of creda showers and never useally fit then.
if i remember the stabiliser valve/solenoid/pressure switch are one complete unit at the bottom of the shower and has two micro switchs on the side.
switch shower on and check to see if all terminals are live on the micro switchs
two should be live when the pull cords on and all should be live when the
on/off button on and water flowing.
Could i have water pressure problems ? or would the shower have never worked if this was the case.
the shower wouldn't of worked this long.
also when the shower boiled it may have tripped the thermal cut out on top of the heat can.

My problem is i have lost my b&q reciept but yes the shower is only 2 weeks old. Could it be something i did during instalation seen as its happend on two of these same showers now?

Cheers
Gav

how did you pay for it by credit card etc ?
did you not fill in the warranty card ?

the 10.5kw has a phased sut down on the unit yours don't
the release of water is more likely where its boiled and released the excess.

Yes i did pay by credit card, will they accept that as a proof of purchase?

No I didnt fill in warranty card :( , but will still have it as i have the box with everything in it.

The last time i had to purchase another shower then take the faulty one back on that receipt.

I'm definitely not a fan of the creda shower either but the reason i went for it was because it was the only shower that could replace my old broken one without having to retile my bathroom due to the unit taking pipes from different places and not covering original holes in tiles. To be honest it may have been better me retiling going off my experiences so far :(

Might be a Triton :confused: but there is one specially made bigger to cover "footprint" of old showers that it can replace :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back