Creda Tumble Dryer TVR2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This Creda is a standard non condensing dryer - nothing complicated. I've been given this to repair for a relative.

On examination I see that the drum drive belt is missing and I'm lost as to understand how the rear of drum spindle/shaft engages with the back of the dryer's rear bearing (there seems too much space for it to connect without touching the inner back casing of the dryer). There is the bearing bracket and bearing in place with the earthing strip under a grey plastic cover located on the back casing - it seems to be in the right place.

I'm therefore wondering if there is a part missing from this bearing arrangement. Is there a pdf of the numbered parts that the dryer has so I can order these?

Rgds. Roy

Sponsored Links
Why worry about the bearing. The belt is probably lying in the base of the cabinet. Get one the same size and fit it by removing the front panel of the machine underneath the main control panel. Useful if you have 3 hands. Hold the belt temporarily in place on the drum with tape. Its always a pain to get the belt round the pulley and jockey wheels.

After doing some reading up I did remove the plastic kick plate but could not see that the metal behind was removeable - it looks like part of the base. Have I got this right? It has a tiny spy hole (sort of ellipse shape) with a little plastic cover. What is that for?

The belt is an interesting issue - the Creda parts web site describes the belt as being suitable for TVR2 (this model amongst others) and 1991mm long - but the one I fished out of the base of the machine measures less - 1853mm but is marked up CONTI TECH 144002155 7PHE 1860 (the last number I assumed was the length...originally). Do these shrink with the heat - probably with overheating!

If the bearing was not right (ie. the drum shaft was not properly located in the bearing) what would the symptoms be of this?

Thanks for the help,
Rgds. Roy

Open the door and grab one of the paddles. Can you turn the drum freely by hand?. If so all is likely to be well. Don't worry about the bearing. The back of the drum in Creda driers I have seen lies against a large circular felt pad stuck to the the inside of the rear panel that allows the drum to rotate in its bearing. Plastic arcs fitted to the front panel also support the drum and allow it to rotate.

With regrd to belt length suppliers suggest getting one the same length as the one that comes off the machine rather than what the parts lists suggests. So 1860 should do the trick,

To remove the entire front of the machine you will need to remove the lid then kick/vent panel and also the plastic facia to start with.

Other posts suggest placing it upside and tackling it in some fashion though I favour removing/loosening the front panel.

I'm not sure of about the spy hole you talk about.

Sponsored Links
I have not seen the innards of this machine and gave ad vice from experiences of earlier models. A similar forum on UKwhitegoods suggests that belt replacement on later Credamodels is pretty difficult.Perhaps some contributors can come up with information on the belt change on this modeland if it is significantly different.

The bearing has definitely worn out – totally ! After removing the earthing strip (copper clip) I saw that the bearing socket block had one side missing and the pin at the back of the drum had at some stage cut slightly downwards in the back metal casing. The pin appears to have sheared off. The pin is secured to the drum with screws not rivets – which is a bonus.

Its strange this should happen in a dryer just out of guarantee unless it has had excessively heavy use.

Any guidance as to replacement of these parts would be welcome. (I can email pictures of the worn out parts if necessary.) From the way these machines are constructed I assume they are designed never to be serviced. Amongst others I cannot see an easy way to disconnect the heater electrical connection block. Any ideas?

Rgds., Roy

Hi roytom - I was just wondering if you ever sorted out your problem? I'm no DIY/techie type, but I've just taken my TVR2 to pieces (it began squeaking, then banging as the drum turned) and found, like you, that the 'pin' (as I think you described it in your post) has sheared off. Apart from that I think the machine's ok. Are these thingys easier enough to find/replace? Or is it going to cost as much as buying a new dryer??
Thanks in advance.

It's called a drum shaft kit and easy to do. Cost about 20.00.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back