Crossing cables

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it acceptable during an electrical installation for one cable to cross over the top of another at right angles? Specifically I will have the oven cable coming down from ceiling level and I want the two ring cables to cross over the oven cable at right angles 150mm above the worktop. Steve.

Sponsored Links
Was that a dumb question? I want a socket either side of the cooker, surely the cables must have to cross over. Steve.

please note forum rules, general information, item g

There's nothing wrong, in theory, with cables crossing, so long as they are in safe zones. Horizontally from one socket to another is entirely acceptable but the one that bothers me is the cooker cable. If it comes straight down from the ceiling, what is there to indicate its presence? (Please tell me there's an isolator.)

Sponsored Links
45 A cooker switch will be there in line with the cable coming down from the ceiling. Below that and about 400mm to the side will be the CCU.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back