cscs green card any ideas on my position??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First just a quick intro to me I have four different fork lift truck licences , nvq level 2 in production and am first aid at work qualified , working at height/ladder trained ect ..but all in a production factory enviroment .

Have recently been made redundant and was looking to do some flt on construction sites through an agency,the cscs card popped up.

Is it as I understand a Health and saftey test you take ,then if you score xx amount ,you send off for the said card and bobs your uncle ?
Does my previous flt tests ( as they include H&S )or nvqs come in to play or as its a different industry start from scratch??

Any thought from people in the know would as usual on this boss site be warmly accepted ,even the half canned ones , as it is saturday night i know!! oh yes liverpool 4 manu 1 , the drinks are on me!! :LOL:
how DID gerrard miss that sitter!!LOL :LOL:

Sponsored Links
start from scratch.. it's an online multiple choice thing, and you get a book to read...

really easy stuff..manual handling and stuff..

there are different types also depending on your field..

I did the "electro-technical" test..

is that the one where it says about a drill not working, one of the answers could be "shake it about a bit"

that's the one..

Q: you come across a colleague lying on the floor next to a ladder, do you

1. nudge them to see if they're unconsious
2. help them up and get them to walk it off
3. put them in the recovery position
4. move the ladders so that no one else gets hurt

Sponsored Links
I would say 4, 1 , 3 in that order and 2 doesnt come in to it !
did I win?? :D
aeriously though
Is it muliple choice but just pick one answer out of 4 on all questions ,or some essay type scenarios?

Alright Breezer,I got my loft finished in the end,but didnt fit in the cupboards ( it was too late) but it looks good though, used as a bedroom now.
cscs
So does this test need loads of revising as I v seen a copy disc on ebay for about 2 quid that runs you through the q/a setup with various questions,did you all revise for it or was it easy enough ( although I do know I would swot a bit anyway!!!

gonna watch MOTD now in contented smugmode,sorry!

ok, so you roll him over to put him in the recovery position?

tada... you just severed his spine and he'll never walk again... :cry:
you never move anybody that may have fallen from a height...

As a last resort you would ,if hes on his back with a mouthful of blood /vomit hes going to choke to death anyway ,prioity is to clear the airway and keep it clear, you have to take a chance on the spinal injury situation, priority is to preserve life,he may not have a spinal injury anyway and if you leave him he may die through suffocation!
I think!

No 4 first,you don't touch the person on the floor unless properly trained in first aid.

But my point is (if qualified) I think you would move the body in certain conditions ( even with the poss of spinal damage) preserving life being the main thing.

cscs cards!

You need to pass your health and safety test (touch screen test) and then you can apply for your card. The card will be valid for a year (sometime longer) depending on what trade your going for.

After this time expires you will need to obtain a NVQ in what ever it is you are doing to gain your new cscs card.

And yes buy a disk of the internet as you suggested, it will be the exact test you have to sit so you can learn all the answers.

here is a link to my company so you can read up on what cards there are etc.

You can also book a Health and Safety test

http://www.flooringassessments.com/

Edit- we only assess in flooring! But you may find usefull info.

No 4 first,you don't touch the person on the floor unless properly trained in first aid.

Not so, anyone even someone who is unqualified & untrained can save someone's life by putting them in the recovery position if the situation calls for it.

Although the more likely thing is to nick his wallet & run away :D

Thanks matty,will have a butchers today.
Iv opened a can of first aid worms here havnt I !!

to be fair, some of the questions are daft. If you buy a c.d you will soon learn the answers tho as when you get one wrong in the tests it will tell you the answer.

Sponsored Links
Back