currys

The reason they give you a form when you buy a television is because they pass it onto tv licensing who then check it against there records they have of the property. I've never filled one in. Similiar sort of thing with screwfix/toolstation, they ask you details for data mining, so they can keep tabs on all your purchases in order to send you offers. I had a scuff orginally when I opened a toolstation account, I said to the guy at the counter I bet you a £1000 I get a catalogue I don't want come through my letter box within 6 months, he was adamant I wouldn't. Within in 3 months I got one, went in to get my grand and he laughed it off, fuking ****. God knows what else they do with that data as well. If you are really concerned about giving details, and there's something in the back of your mind telling you not to, just make up a false name and address, so much easier than having to fight the staff, because you get asked for it every single time you buy something, and on a bad day I don't like being giving the third degree simply for not doing something I have every right not to do, or be asked about.
Good idea. Don't add a postcode, though, or they'll type it in and find your address is false. Much easier to say you can't remember the postcode as you never use it.

"Robin the Fairy, Woody Path, Dingly Dell, Toytown."

Or go onto a map and just pick an address, although you could end up chosing one that's already registered. ''Jane is it ? 32 Fukc knut avenue ?'' Me : ''Yea''
"No, it's Jeremy now. I've had a sex change."

Or doing work for her lol

Sponsored Links
Currys used to be good - you could buy a washing machine on HP and a bicycle -really- I had one.(y)

I had to give my post code to Wickes when I was returning materials. I refused to give them until I was told 'no postcode - no refund'
The guy typed in the post code and then said 'that's our postcode!'
I said 'you asked for a post code.'
Then he asked for my surname, I said 'Patel'

I had to bite my lip as not to laugh out loud.

Andy

I couldn't get my tablet to come on a few months ago (the wife had bought me one for Chrimbo from Currys)So off to our local Currys. I got the snotty little pimple faced geek who straight away said it needs to go away to have the back taken off and looked at...I said, "your jokin' ain't ya?" I have got all my personal stuff on it and I wont be letting you send it away.Well to cut a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng story short I got it off him and took it back home and the wife said, "let us have a look," so she took it off me and pressed the on button down and on it came!!!!! No probs now I know how to turn it on...pity the guy in the shop didn't!!

Sponsored Links
Hearing all the stories, both on here and elsewhere, I'm surprised that Curry's is still in business.

I suppose that if you pay your monkeys in peanuts, you can afford to sell your goods cheaper.

Back