Customers from hell!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody find that sometimes a customer situation is totally impossible. I mean that they want to find something (anything) to haul you over the coals about, when a job is finished and 110% perfect.
I have such a customer.
The item in question is a pheumatic type concealed cistern (Italian). There was a TINY dribble after the flush, to which my customer jumps on the phone like the house is flooding! I have changed the cistern guts and the added (against by better judgement) a small copper weight to keep the "mushroom" type air valve fully closed when complete.
Now the operation is not the same for the customer (I tested 5>10 times) she complains its no good....?? :eek:
I now have lost money on the job because its a long drive, she does not appreciate my extra effort... its all very sour! The installation was to the book.

Sponsored Links
offer to take out the bathroom and give her the money back

Sponsored Links
ok, take it out with this and give her money back.

nah, to be honest. you gotta bake some humble pie, and eat it im afraid.

best to be polite, and get it over with. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Did you recommend the cistern or was it her. If it was her tell her to contact the manfactures for advice and to send replacements out.

If there was no such stupid thing as liable or slander (two laws designed for such s%*$ers to get away without others knowing).
I have other mates who contract (as you do) and they would love to have a reference list of bad payers, no payers and plain ****ers!
The customer is always right...ummm apart from when they are wrong.
This lady has goal posts with wheels on, just when you think its in the net....opps you missed!
Hey, maybe I am totally wrong and need to go back to college :rolleyes:

Did you not get any suspicion from a 'sixth sense' that she may be awkward when you surveyed the property and quoted? If I do I never take on the work ;)

Needed the work at the time and I have been "subbed" in by a builder. He goes on holiday with his wedge and throws my private number to the customer!
Yes, I did get the feeling they (him and her) were awkward when they were changing plan on every aspect of the build. I did all the plumbing but can't seem to fit a toilet cistern?
The builder owes me £160, so this might be returned to re-emburse the good lady. As I see it no amount of me a*se licking will make the lady any happier :(

Mike2007 said:
Yes, I did get the feeling they (him and her) were awkward when they were changing plan on every aspect of the build. (

You will probally think this strange but have they got kids and do they both work. :?:

mike,u could try and take the sypon unit out place in bucket of very hot water that mite seal it :p

ps if she supplied mats tell her its down to her fauly goods not your problem old son be hard from now on and her attuide will change towards u .u are in control not that old cow.

They have got grown-up kids and they both work full time, why?

Think I might install a hidden camera in the ceiling, start a new BBC hit series Rogue Customers.....hey I could even ride on the back of cool motorbike..thats an idea!
Some people make career out of others misery, guess I found one.

mike don tbite on it to hard, a local builder nr me ahs laid the same block paving 5 times, occupier keeps a hose on it, washing out the base etc but claims he checking whether water pools or not.
people have learnt that if they dont wanna pay the going rate they quibble on workmanship, get a roughue in and they pay over the odds no questions asked then shyte on thenext guy in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back