Cutting breakfast bar back Panel,

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

A simple question but one i think is important - i need to cut two edges off to make the panel fit and i'm questioning what tool to use. The back panel is a white gloss slab.

1: Circular saw
2: Fine cut - manual saw
3: Standard wood saw

These are the 3 I have to hand but can purchase something different if need be. The two edges to the be cut will be to the wall and floor thus covered with silicon.

Cheers

for the help!

Sponsored Links
I'd use a table top type circular saw - with the finest toothed new blade as possible, and cut your material good side up. Set the fence accurately.
Have a test run on an unused area first if you can and expect a bit of break through on the unseen side.
John :)

Agree with Burnerman, though you can get a perfect edge by cutting a mm short and applying a belt sander to finish , but as you say edges will be siliconed.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Guys, I'll take you advice on board and drop in to a local hardware store for some cutting blades.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back