Cutting down kitchen cupboard

W

wkdhd

I am redoing the kitchen and have to make a wall cupboard about 4cm narrower.
What I am concerned about is chipping the laminate. It will be open shelves so I don't have to worry about the door.
Only the faces inside the cupboard and under the shelf will be particularly visible so I can get away with some chipping on top and underneath.
I'd rather use a circular saw, I know if I hand saw the edges won't be straight. Do I need a specific blade, I just have the blade that came with it when I bought it years ago.
The cupboard is B&Q cheapy so it is mdf with a laminate of some sort on top.
Thanks for any assistance on this

Sponsored Links
Hi
the best way by far to get these shelves chip free is to jut just off the length you require and then rout the edges straight with a router and a good quality blade .. this will give you a clean edge and it will be square.. a circular saw will chip the topside of the cut , even with a very fine tct blade..i am assuming you are a diy'er .

Thanks loosenup, I hadn't thought of using my router, I'll make sure I get a decent cutter for it.

Sponsored Links
They aren't plain white inside but a weird chequer pattern. I think the caulk would be a bit obvious

you should be able to find differing colours of silicone?so maybe 1 that matches your boards can be found?.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back