Cutting herb plants for food, and keeping them going!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening all

I now have some quite well established herbs in the garden (rosemary, rocket, coriander). I've already been taking a lot of leaves from the rocket as it grows like wildfire!!! However, I have noticed that since I've been cutting leaves from the rocket to eat that the plan itself hasn't been looking as good.

Is there a proper way in which to cut stuff like this?

Ta.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Your corriander will bolt though, guaranteed! Roesmary, depends on how big it is they can grown into sizable plants, if so, they can be quite harshly pruned (not now) This will result in lots of lovely roesmary (only use the new growth, the old stuff will be like pine needles) also will encourage bushy growth, rosemary bushes can get very leggy otherwise. Rocket Or Roquette if your dead posh like wot I am, yep just pick a little bit from eanch plant, also stagger sowing rocket over a 3 month period, you can obtain the seed by allowing a couple of plants to bolt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back