Cutting tap hole in granite sink

Sponsored Links
more like a composite sink not granite.

thats a tile cutter you need this cutter.
imagesCAI3S36Y.jpg

Bash sorry tap it out from the good side of the sink with a ball peen hammer. That is why it is cut part way through. It will break out ok and save you buying a hole saw.

He is worried about hitting it as it wasn't cheap. Bashing it from the good side, will it damage it or will it eventually come out in 1 piece with a little making good to do?

Seco where can I get one of those from? I spoke to the itelligance at B+Q who don't have a clue. Am only doing the running round cause he is on long shift and I am a nice niece!

Sponsored Links
Make sure the center hole marked on the good side, actually corresponds with the center of the part hole underneath, had 2 wrongly marked with a sticker at the factory, I would buy the cutter.

Sticker and instructions say 35mm which we are presuming is a standard size as he wants to use the old tap (old sink is the same beige colour as is the tap). Will a standard cutter for say metal do or is it a special one that i looked that is diamond covered?

and that won't be too rough for it? I've got a standard arbor laying around he can borrow just thought it needed to be a special one

thats all i've ever used its only a few mm you need to cut out take less that 10 seconds to do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back