Cyber Security

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Son got this dodgy Cyber Security site on his desktop today. After searching the net I downloaded a program called MalwareBytes and followed instructions to remove CS. However after restarting the PC this website still loads up and running Malware again detects nothing. Anyone got any ideas for getting shot of this thing. Hope I've made enough sense. TIA

Sponsored Links
Make sure MalwareBytes is updated then shut down the PC and boot into Safe Mode and run a quick scan with MBAM (MalwareBytes).

Once it has scanned, copy the scan report by highlighting it and right click -> Copy, then past it on here.

Cheers
dave

Will try that tomorrow. Thanks.

Hi

I had the same problem as you guys with regard to CyberSecurity this annoying rogue application gave me hell.

I was not sure what to do and then I did some research and luckily managed to get rid of this sneaky rogue. I only found out it was a rogue after much reading on the internet.I am still pretty new to this.

Anyways here is some new information and you can use this as well to remove this SNEAKY CYBERSECURITY ROGUE!
http://www.pcthreat.com/parasitebyid-8416en.html

Good luck and I hope that you didn't get too many computer problems with Cyber security because I did and it was a REAL nightmare. :eek:

Don't follow the link above
******deleted****

Sponsored Links
Hi

I had the same problem as you guys with regard to CyberSecurity this annoying rogue application gave me hell.

I was not sure what to do and then I did some research and luckily managed to get rid of this sneaky rogue. I only found out it was a rogue after much reading on the internet.I am still pretty new to this.

Anyways here is some new information and you can use this as well to remove this SNEAKY CYBERSECURITY ROGUE!
*********suspect link****Mod10

Good luck and I hope that you didn't get too many computer problems with Cyber security because I did and it was a REAL nightmare. :eek:

Again dont follow above link, I did but I've got NoScript installed on my browser. Either pcgeek is a spammer (as I expect) or they infected themselves with something else.

Dave. Followed your instructions. No malicious items detected. However Cyber Security stills loads up when I start PC. Here's the log,

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41
Database version: 2945
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 (Safe Mode)

12/10/2009 10:17:02
mbam-log-2009-10-12 (10-17-02).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 163280
Time elapsed: 15 minute(s), 8 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Any ideas, cos I'm well and truly stumped. TIA

Superantispyware seems to have done the trick. Thanks for the assist Dave. Top man

Solo,
Glad it has been shifted.

Keep MBAM and SAS on your computer, they don't use any resources unless they are running scans, and just open each one every couple of days and click to check for updates.
Run a quick scan with each one about every week but 3 or 4 days apart.
The reason for keeping them updated is that some malware may stop you going onto the internet if you get infected and at least you already have upto date software to deal with it.

Just to set SAS:
Open it and click Preferences
In General & Startup tab untick the first three boxes under 'Start-up Options'

Put a dot next to 'Do NOT scan when SAS starts'.

dave

Will follow your tips. Thanks again.

Its possible that they are still there, I'd personally run a HiJackThis scan and post the output, then if nothings found run a Combofix scan as well.

Sponsored Links
Back