Cylinder Jacket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's a really silly question but can I get a cylinder jacket in a size other than 36x18 or 42x18?

I think I could do with something around 48 or 50x18, but I can't find it on Google.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Buy 2 jackets and just add 1 section from one packet to the other jacket.

Andy
That would make a larger diameter jacket, but it looks ike the OP needs a longer one.
If you have a 'torpedo' tank, (about 12" X 60" IIRC), you will have one or two spare panels left over from a single jacket that you can wrap around the bottom part of the cylinder.

Two jackets , one fitted at 'waist height' on the cylinder, with cord 'braces' to stop it slipping down, and another fitted normally around the top of the cylinder may do the job.

Those jackets are little more than a plastic bag filled with loft insulation, so maybe you could make up your own tailor-made extension 'skirt' to attach to the bottom of an 'off the peg' jacket.

Avoid using adhesive tape, duct tape etc. for your 'tailoring' - the heat will dry out the adhesive, and it will fall apart. Better to stitch the bits together with string or garden wire.

It's a 48x18 Gledhill cylinder. I was gutted that I had to cut off the factory fitted insulation to find and fix a leak, and was hoping that I could do something a little neater than installing a second jacket under the first.

Still if that's the only solution, it'll have to do. Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
That would make a larger diameter jacket, but it looks ike the OP needs a longer one.
the bottom of the cylinder is the coldest part with the least need for insulation, so I wouldn't be especially worried. It might even below the lower coil entry, so will be unheated. Insulate the top part best.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back