Dado rail - fixing on new plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a newly plastered room and will be no-nailing dado rails to the walls but am unsure on the best order to do this as will be painting the bottom and wall papering the top.......

1) Do I mist the all walls first?
2) Draw a centre line on wall where dado rail is to go and paint and paper up to it and then no-nail dado rails onto wall?
3) No-nails dado rail on wall after misting and then paper and paint?
4) Paint dado rails before fitting?

Advice greatly appreciated as like to get things done the most efficient way.

Regards,

Tom

Sponsored Links
thank you for the feedback so no nails will stick to a painted or papered surface ok?

For something as light as a dado then yes, you shouldn't need to have much paper under the rail anyway if you cut it accurately.

Sponsored Links
If you want to fill the small gap between the dado and the wall then that will change the order of things.

thank you all - I'll do 1,2 and 4 and then fill dado gaps with gaulk and final coat the dado rail

My gut feeling would be to glue rail on, mist the walls, paint, then paper. But then I can cut in and paper accurately anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back