Daftest Comment of the Day Award.

Sponsored Links
Sorry roguedeer but you can't suggest this award when you are very likely to be nominated.

Sponsored Links
Well, I'm very flattered that Dropclanger has risen to my earlier sarcastic comment, not only on the original thread, but has even gone so far as to open a new thread in an attempt to deride what I have said.

Anyway, DC, I'm a little bored of arguing with you regarding minutiae but, since you have gone to so much trouble, here's a link to explain that what I said is, in fact, quite accurate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guBPx7HhaJk

If you watch carefully, you'll see that they are doing exactly what I was talking about, but without sacks of course.

Well, I'm very flattered that Dropclanger has risen to my earlier sarcastic comment, not only on the original thread, but has even gone so far as to open a new thread in an attempt to deride what I have said.
Sorry JBR. I didn't intend to deride you, well not on this thread anyway. ;) It was intended as a light-hearted thread, maybe with a little sarcasm mixed in, but humour at our own expense.

In other words he has been proved wrong once again :rolleyes:
:LOL: Let's hope you're never called for jury service.
You base your conclusions on youtube clips! :LOL: :LOL:
I never imaganied that comments on this thread would be contenders for the award. :rolleyes:

In other words he has been proved wrong once again :rolleyes:
:LOL: Let's hope you're never called for jury service.
You base your conclusions on youtube clips! :LOL: :LOL:
I never imaganied that comments on this thread would be contenders for the award. :rolleyes:

It's BBC Wildlife, actually. I don't like their liberal left-wing bias, but I think they're trustworthy.

It's BBC Wildlife, actually. I don't like their liberal left-wing bias, but I think they're trustworthy.
Yes, of course. next time I need a definition of hopping I'll consult BBC Wildlife programmes. :rolleyes:

Hopping, the act of jumping with one foot.
Wikipedia.
:LOL: :LOL:
And let's hope that you and squeaky are never called for jury service.

From Oxford University Dictionary:
Hop
[no object, with adverbial of direction] (Of a person) move by jumping on one foot: he hopped along beside her
More example sentences Synonyms
1.1(Of a bird or other animal) move by jumping with two or all feet at once: a blackbird was hopping around in the sun
More example sentences
1.2Spring or leap a short distance with one jump: he hopped down from the rock

Wikipedia is fine, but for the best definitions I'd go for the oldest university in the English-speaking world.

From Oxford University Dictionary:
Hop
[no object, with adverbial of direction] (Of a person) move by jumping on one foot: he hopped along beside her
More example sentences Synonyms
1.1(Of a bird or other animal) move by jumping with two or all feet at once: a blackbird was hopping around in the sun
More example sentences
1.2Spring or leap a short distance with one jump: he hopped down from the rock

Wikipedia is fine, but for the best definitions I'd go for the oldest university in the English-speaking world.

Excellent definition. So you're now telling me that the sack races that you were organising were not for people, but for birds or other animals. :LOL: :LOL:

Why not accept your faux pas gracefully?
When you accused me of deriding you, I was happy to apologise and emphasise the light-hearted aspect of my post.
You should have accepted that. But instead you've continued to make yourself look silly.

Sponsored Links
Back