Daily Telegraph publishes more nonsense

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
The Torygraph seeks to alarm its elderly readership by claiming "Solar eclipse to disrupt power supplies"

"Power supplies could drop suddenly next month when the UK is plunged into darkness with an eclipse of the sun.

Energy experts warned there could be possible blackouts in the biggest solar eclipse since 1999.

Nearly 90 per cent of the sun's rays will be blocked out in parts of Europe on March 20."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/11433786/Solar-eclipse-to-disrupt-power-supplies.html

However, the UK receives only a tiny proportion of its power from solar energy. Even in sunnier countries with more solar farms, the eclipse will have no more effect than an hours cloud.

Sponsored Links
Of course, you only quote from and believe anything that comes from the totally impartial and completely non-partisan......................................................BBC! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I used to read The Telegraph every morning on my smart phone. You are supposed to pay £2 a month for the privilege, but I discovered that if you remove the app at the end of the 30 days free trial and then re-install it, you get another 30 days free. I've been doing this for 3 or 4 months now.

Unfortunately, the facility to post comments on reports has been 'temporarily unavailable' now for a few weeks, so I don't bother with it now. Also, when I try to look at articles on the internet version of the newspaper now, I get the message that I have already seen my quota of 20 articles per month and that I have to pay now.

So I don't bother with them any more. Plenty of other sources: BBC, Daily Express, Daily Mail.

Sponsored Links
i remember the last 1,iirc lasted about 5 mins.
so why the sudden worry that were all doomed?

Somebody please send Brigadoon a grip, he's lost his.

Because when the last one (total) happened it was cloudy.

I suspect the authoress, one Victoria Ward, is not an astronomical or electricity transmission expert.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/journalists/victoria-ward/[/QUOTE]

There, look. I clicked on your link and this is what I got:

YOU HAVE REACHED YOUR 20 ARTICLE
LIMIT FOR THIS MONTH

Already a subscriber? Log in

Unlimited website access
plus breaking news on mobile
SUBSCRIBE FOR ONLY
£6 PER MONTH AND SAVE 25%
Or subscribe for only £60 per year

So, unless I contribute £6 a month to the 'Support the Daily Telegraph' fund, I cannot read linked articles from that particular newspaper. No problems with other papers!

delete the cookies.

there are a lot.

I have set them all on the Torygraph page to "Never allow this site to use cookies." They are almost all ad trackers.

I clicked on your link and this is what I got:
Not worth six pounds.

Other thought provoking articles from her including:

Andy Murray watching belly dancer.
Don't believe sat-nav (car on beach).
Regular walk 'miracle way' to avoid cancer and dementia.

delete the cookies.

there are a lot.

I have set them all on the Torygraph page to "Never allow this site to use cookies." They are almost all ad trackers.

Thank you JD. Done that.

Unfortunately, clicking on your link now gives me an article on one James Saville!

I clicked on your link and this is what I got:
Not worth six pounds.

Other thought provoking articles from her including:

Andy Murray watching belly dancer.
Don't believe sat-nav (car on beach).
Regular walk 'miracle way' to avoid cancer and dementia.

I agree. Both the Telegraph and the Times charge, yet other newspapers don't.

Just out of interest, which online newspapers or newspaper apps do people on here recommend?

Sponsored Links