Damage to plaster wall, how to fix?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fell into one of our plaster walls back in the summer and unfortunately, damaged it a little.

What is the best way for me to fix it? Someone has suggested poly filler or builder's caulk but I can't say I am that experienced in fixing something like this. I have only ever filled a screw hole in before.

I have enough magnolia paint left to re-paint the section. It is very slightly pushed in, but not loose in any way, just cracked and slightly pushed in.

13933427_10153663620536389_749388817_n_zpsofkwa9u4.jpg

13941148_10153663624501389_632661964_n_zpsaiccfofp.jpg

Sponsored Links
I have no idea. How can I check this?
I only ask because I would advise to open the crack up a little bit more before filling.
If its not been plastered then be careful not to go to deep, 2mm would be plenty

Sponsored Links
I only ask because I would advise to open the crack up a little bit more before filling.
If its not been plastered then be careful not to go to deep, 2mm would be plenty
Ok, so do you think I should open it up a little and then fill in the cracks and go over the top?
What do you recommend I fill it with?

Ok, so do you think I should open it up a little and then fill in the cracks and go over the top?
What do you recommend I fill it with?
You got the idea, use a blade thats wider than the area, then just sand/scrape away any excess.
I always like to twice fill aswell to get the perfect finish, my preference is easi fill, but toupret among others may be better as you wouldn't need a bag of easi fill for that job.

You can buy a pack of individual bags but it works out expensive really.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back