Damaged Plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advise please repaired some damaged plaster in bedroom..Must of been a rough plasterer who completed the skim..Opened up the cracks filled with pollyfilla sanded down .Painted the walls with two coats of emulsion but the ares that I have filled are really noticeable..Any tips to improve the finish

Sponsored Links
I presume it is the texture showing through.

It might have been the absorbency of the filler. Best to treat any new or bare plaster or filler with a mist coat of dilute paint. And in your case I would have dabbed on more paint onto the new section with a small brush to bring its texture up to the rest of the wall, before repainting the wall.

A tiny smear of fine surface filler (readimixed) may add smoothness to your patch.

Buy a speedskim plastering blade and mix up some easy fill 45 and spread over the area to smooth out any imperfections. The speedskim has a wider blade than a caulking knife and will make it easier to level out the wall.
You may have to sand the area a bit but it will turn out ok, just make sure that you do it in the daylight as it is easier to see where you need to fill.

Mike

Waccy, good evening.

A quick question? did you allow the filler to completely dry out before you applied the Emulsion?

Ken

Sponsored Links
I gave it a good few hours .. It appears raised after painting

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back