Damn how the hell are clothes this cheap in UK?

Levi's were criticised because of a fall in their quality, a critic asked why they could not make them like [insert generic brand] but it was then pointed out the jeans were made in the same factory by the same workers, just a differing label at shipment.Only difference being the several million pounds advertising campaign.

Sponsored Links
I think you're missing the point. Unlike most foodstuffs, when cheese goes 'off' it can mean it is a new kind of cheese.
If it has left the production facility and been on display for retail sale it is not going to be taken back by the ( legitimate ) factory and re-processed to be a cheese.

It does happen that some cheese products are recycled but only to create cheese powder or cheese essence ( flavouring ) for cheese flavoured products

Sponsored Links
Designer goods carry a 90% mug tax.

Couldn't agree more. I don't shop as a rule. When I die and go to hell (and I have no doubt I will....both) it will be a shopping mall on a Saturday...endlessly walking around with people bumping into me. On the rare occasion I do shop I go to that designer place.....Pradamark........Primarni.......Primark I mean. Be safe in the knowledge that even the so called big names like Next have their stuff made in the same workshops.

Somebody said earlier in this thread that he paid 300 notes for two pairs of jeans. Well they're still made in a back street workshop by ten year old girls. Those 'Diesel' jeans were not hand crafted by Balinese virgins. Sorry. Spending that kind of dough on two pairs of jeans says a lot about the buyer. Telling everybody on a website that he has actually done that says even more. "Look at me everybody....I'm not getting enough attention......look at me!". Next time get oneself a couple of pairs of perfectly good jeans for forty nicker total. Then if you want to boast about money put £260 cash in a pile and set light to it. Same result.

But how long will they last in normal use ?.

Some of my shirts are more than15 years old and are still smart enough for work wear.

Some of the low price clothes I bought last year ( cheaper than washing the ones I had ) only lasted a few wears before falling apart. ( I ran out of clothes when a visit was extended by several days )

Fair point Bern and one that was very relevant until a few years ago. Price and brand WAS an indication of quality. The goal posts have moved these days though. Even M&S have stuff made on the cheap abroad. 'Next' suits are made in Belorussia and the Ukraine for the price of a kebab.

For years I bought those packs of five M&S mens black cotton socks. They last for years. They were more expensive than BHS for example but I knew that they lasted longer. They were made by a hosiery firm in Lancs. Well the foreign competition won the contract and the Lancs. firm went to the wall. M&S still sell packs of mens black cotton socks but they barely last a year.

When my kids were little I often bought their clothes from Woolworths. Their own 'Ladybird' brand kids clothes were British made and great quality. They outlasted other brands like Next or Mothercare that got passed down the family for other nippers to wear.

Somebody said earlier in this thread that he paid 300 notes for two pairs of jeans. Well they're still made in a back street workshop by ten year old girls. Those 'Diesel' jeans were not hand crafted by Balinese virgins. Sorry. Spending that kind of dough on two pairs of jeans says a lot about the buyer. Telling everybody on a website that he has actually done that says even more. "Look at me everybody....I'm not getting enough attention......look at me!". Next time get oneself a couple of pairs of perfectly good jeans for forty nicker total. Then if you want to boast about money put £260 cash in a pile and set light to it. Same result.
Lol. It's not my fault you are a pig ugly, poorly dressed, bitter fat slob, divorcee either. Live and let live Boyo. Must be my earlier amateur modelling career that's lingering in a middle aged wannabe.

Last edited:
If it has left the production facility and been on display for retail sale it is not going to be taken back by the ( legitimate ) factory and re-processed to be a cheese.

It does happen that some cheese products are recycled but only to create cheese powder or cheese essence ( flavouring ) for cheese flavoured products

Not cheese but a variety of other foodstuffs, (57: hint), made by a certain manufacturer will only be recycled into animal foodstuffs and, even then, must come up to exacting standards. I have seen them dispose of over 10,000 tins of soup because something was not quite right, (taste, colour, not enough/too much of a certain ingredient etc). Reputable manufacturers simply will not take a chance on short cutting food processes.

If you have a problem with vinyl, just use a new fiver to play it!

My tailor on Jermyn Street has not dropped his prices. :mad: Should I have a word?

Sponsored Links
Back