Damp circles on wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I'm new hear so go gentle on me.

In our dining room starting in the corner we have damp circles on the wall. I have tried to find the cause with very little luck. Tapping the wall and I find out the damp patches aren't hollow sounding like the rest of the wall. This is an outside wall.

Not sure if this is enough information to go on. Please advise if I can provide further info. Pictures below.

Many Thanks

Ashley

Sponsored Links
It could be that you have dot and dab plasterboard on the wall, and damp is transmitting from outer wall, ( if the walls are solid construction ) .

I take it the walls are dot and dab. In which case you have a damp problem that you need to identify.

Some pictures of the outside of the offending wall might help.

Sponsored Links
Thank you. I will move the shed at the weekend and see if it reoccurs. How the previous owner didn't have this problem I'll never know.

Looks like a cavity wall, water might be migrating along the wall ties hence the patches. As said put up gutter and if possible increase the space between the shed and wall.

Assuming that was efflorescence, where are all those salts coming from? Surely not the brick itself at that density.

Where else could the salt come from though? It's raining currently and damp patches (which dried out) have not yet returned.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back