Damp Proof Course - Renewal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last year I bought an old terraced ground floor flat (built in 1912). The first winter we didn't have such a problem with damp, but this year it seems to have got worse.

There has been retro fitted injected DPC to the front the house with bay window, but this would appear now to be failing. I have some paper work from the house sale, but it's becoming difficult to establish who has done what and when, and probably more importantly where. That saga goes on.

Meanwhile, I've been looking at purchasing a DPC kit and renewing the injected areas myself.

My real question is the feasibility of what I'm wanting to do, is the procedure simply to repeat what was done originally? Or is it wise to drill in to new locations?

Internal redecorating will be all done by me, so it seems a bit much to bring someone in to inject the DPC just the same as I would. (obviously they would come with a guarantee though).

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Simon

Sponsored Links
It more likely the window frame is letting in water. DPC guarantee's usually have more value as toilet paper.

Sponsored Links
is the damp proofing firm still going??
if not was it an insurance backed jobbie?
how long ago was the dpc installed?
iirc most used to offer a 25 year guarantee.

if so then YOU may still be covered under it,you may have to contact the bwpda(if there still going)?

if it has lapsed then you might be able to reuse all the old holes again with an injection system??.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back