Damp Smell in Room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Any help appreciated.

I have a dampish smell in one of my bedrooms but dont see any damp patches anywhere, there was a bit around the window which I've cleared but the foggy smell still there, the bedroom window has broken its seal and I know I need to replace that.

I am using a humidifier and its collecting a lot of water in the air?

Cavity walls were done about 5 years ago.

Can anyone advise please?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
So you think its the window thru condensation thats doing it...getting new glass fitted although another rooms window is same but no smell.
Thanks

It's sounds like a condensation problem to me as well. Make sure to check every single seal and fix it. Is there any mould around the walls?

• Thanks
Reactions: sz1
Sponsored Links
There was slight mould around the window frame but I treated it and its not getting worse but I get your points the glass needs changing to stop any water getting in, seems a lot of water filling the DEhumidifier all the time from the broken glass seal...

Just one thing is it daft to change glass on my wooden frames, one big one and 2 small pieces at top or better buying new pvc? even though cost much cheaper changing glass and we selling house next year? pvc seals can break to soon after fitted...
thanks

Back