damsel in distress!!indesit machine making Vloud noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok here goes.

the past few days as soon as my machine gets up to 1600 spin it makes a very very loud popping noise over and over again!!

so far i have checked:

that its not hitting anything inside
ive tipped it on its side and taked of the two pipes to see if anything in them
tipped it back up a few times to see if maybe a coin was stuck in the drum and will fall out
cleared the front filter thingy at the bottom.

i cant hear anything rattling, there no burning smell the drum springs seems fine, no grey dust inside.

i thought i was doing well but its still making that huge noise!!

can any men help a damsel? im pregnant so only so many times i can tip my machine up!!

Sponsored Links
Is the top weight loose what's the model number. What sort of noise is popping. I take it it washes ok

the model is indesit WIXE167

the top weight seems fine but the front weight i just noticed has a hairline crack in it? its still secure and doesnt move at all. and the drum is stable on ful psin, could this be making the inside and outside drum knock togather?

its really loud now naging banging n=banging constant on high speed spin, but is washing fine, no smells or anything?

Sponsored Links
if the bearigs have gone it says there should be play when lifting the inner drum it moves less then a cm but does move, is this too much?

The inner drum should not move at all in relation to the outer drum, if it does move then the bearings or drum support spider have gone.

1 cm is a lot of movement

thank you! i would say it moves just under half a cm biut if its not supposed to move at all then it broken. :(

i dont think i can do bearings can i?

do i just use it till it gives up the ghost and then replace.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back