Danfoss Randall TRV. Will it leak now?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a stuck TRV (rad cold). Found some instructions, got the plastic shroud off.

Pushed the little pin in and out a bit. Thought I'd give it a thorough waggle with pliers. The pin came right out. Then a bit of a leak through the hole it left. Put the pin back in. Doesn't seem to leak now.

It didn't actually feel like I broke anything. Is that pin 'meant' to come right out? I'd rather not replace the whole valve if I don't need to. Or can you just replace the brass valve bit without replacing the valve casing?

Thanks.

[/img]

Sponsored Links
All par for the course.....the main question is, does the rad heat up now?
You can replace just the guts of the valve, (with identical bits) but you'll still need to drain down (unless you've lots of practice with sorting things 'live' ) :p
John :)

Heating up fine now. Doesn't seem to be any leak from around the pin, presumably there's some sort of O ring sealing it.

I'll leave it as is for now. I just gave it lots of pushing in/letting go. Is WD40 recommended?

That looks like a Danfoss RAS-C TRV. The grey ring should be attached to the white head when removed, not left on the brass valve.

You need to unscrew the grey ring, then the whole head should lift off. Not sure how you seperated the head from the ring. :confused:

Sponsored Links
That looks like a Danfoss RAS-C TRV. The grey ring should be attached to the white head when removed, not left on the brass valve.

You need to unscrew the grey ring, then the whole head should lift off. Not sure how you seperated the head from the ring. :confused:

It's not the grey ring in the pic, it's the bi-directional part you see there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back