Dartford crossing payment

Sponsored Links
As I rarely leave East Anglia, perhaps locals could enlighten me as to why any charge has to be made? (ongoing maintenance notwithstanding) as I could only think the capital costs would have been paid manyfold by now?

DH

That sounds a similar situation to the current 'works' taking place on the M60 locally (whenever I drive through the 50mph zone I see very little going on but lots and lots of cones).

That's right, I thought it was only me thinking that. Hardly any workmen seem to be about, whatever time of day it is. Perhaps that's why the signs say 'delays until 2017'.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
That sounds a similar situation to the current 'works' taking place on the M60 locally (whenever I drive through the 50mph zone I see very little going on but lots and lots of cones).

That's right, I thought it was only me thinking that. Hardly any workmen seem to be about, whatever time of day it is. Perhaps that's why the signs say 'delays until 2017'.

They've got to store cones somewhere and I suppose the M60 is as good a place as any.

My theory is that the 50mph speed limit is imposed in order that the cones are not damaged. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I was driving down the M4 on Wednesday morning at 5am. All the cones were out and at some places the speed was reduced to 40mph, hardly any traffic and certainly no workmen.

I then got onto the M5 which had electronic signs saying LONG DELAYS between junctions 21 and 22. These signs were shown for a good forty miles or so. I was debating whether to leave the M5 and go cross country but in the end decided to stick with it. Glad I did, went through with no delays whatsoever.

I sometimes get the feeling that there's someone sitting in a control office, switching signs on for a joke.

Back