Decking on partial slope, supporting the structure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am about to build a 3m by 4m deck which will have a play house (1.8m by 2.4m) sitting on it and was wondering about the foundations.

I have dug about 1.5m by 4.2m flat and was planning on decking the rest as raised, but was not sure how to go about it. My plan was slabs at 2 rows of 3 slabs spaced evenly on the flat area and then 2 rows of 3 support posts in the slope. I expect front to be off ground 300 to 500mm

Few questions:

On the slabs would I be best to use deck support to raise it slightly off the slabs.

For the posts what best method to install them so they don't rot?

Should I use post shoes, would it allow me to remove a post if it rots for whatever reason?

Is there an alternative to posts for the area that is off the ground, can you level area in slope and install some sort of supports?

Sponsored Links
Cheers for the reply, just wondering instead of slabs could I use decking supports that I can raise and lower to create a level Base or do they still need to sit on slabs?

I am aware of the 30 cm law but bit confused on how it effects me overall I lowered my ground to create the raised area by 250mm. Is it based on the highest raised of the ground section, my slope runs down towards my house

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back