decking onto concrete roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm not sure if what i want to do is possible or not so need a bit of advice on a couple of points:

We have a garage at the back of the house with a concrete roof that is used as a balcony/patio. The roof is leaking into the garage at one side so I need to re-seal it somehow. Afteer i've sealed it I was thinking of putting decking on top to make it look nicer. I've got a couple of doubts though and can't think of any ways around them.

Firstly, how would I secure the decking frame to the concrete roof withoug causing leaks?

Secondly, how would water be able to pass the sections of the frame to escape to the gutter?

Thanks

Rob

Sponsored Links
the frame can be laid onto small slabs. The deck does not need to be secured down its own weight will hold it. try picking up the materials in one go if you dont believe me

if its on teh slabs water will pass through underneath

assuming your use is unnoficial if you are doing a more perminant job you should check with your council before decking the area as you may need planning permision for the decking as its more than 300mm above ground level!!

Sponsored Links
You could use epdm on garage roof loose laid and hold down with floating decking, running support timber in same direction as fall, to allow drainage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back