Decking - Weed suppress and treating??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok

I've completed my Decking Frame using C16 Treated softwood 150 x 47.

I am covering the frame top and sides etc. with HD Weed suppressing mat before laying the deck boards, as suggested somewhere to catch the waste at deck level rather than catching at ground level for the Vermin to feed on.

To add extra protection to the Frame is it worth treating again with a timber treatment before covering.

Once the Treated softwood boards are laid, what is best to seal the boards 'decking oil' or 'decking seal' as advertised at Wickes or should they weather for a while.

Or what is your best advice.

thanks

Sponsored Links
dont need any more on the frame its pressure treated. Use oil, never use stain on boards

OK,

Thanks, but what to use ?

Wickes have such as Teak oil, Decking seal, Decking oil or could I use Linseed oil if thats the same as already listed ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
just use deking oil. Id wait a few weeks though. most decking has a green tinge to it that changes toa yellow colour once the sun gets on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back