decking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello forum,
i am in the stages of planning the decking for my home. The location where the decking will be installed is in a boggy part of the lawn, when it rains this fills up with water. the decking will be raise by at least 50cm off the ground, as the lawn also slops in wards towards the path running up the middle. (see pic one, 3D plan)
as you can see from the picture, there is a little fenced off area towards the rear of the decking structure. this is for a rabbit run with a rabbit hutch.

My problem is this is the wall on which the ledger board would be installed and as you can see, theres only a little part left, for the ledger to be installed.

how can i get around this? or would i be fine with out a ledger board? i also have the problem of the damp-proof course. the house is completely ground level and only raises up about 3 cm from the street pavement. can i install my decking above this damp-proof course, (as i obviously cant install it beneath it) and have the decking with a slight fall towards the garden?

i have also added pictures of my initial 3D drawing of the decking, a picture of where the decking will be installed and also a picture of where the ledger board would be installed. And a picture of the damp-proof course.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
ahh i see. thats fair enough, i do remebr reading somthing about it on another forum.

so if i was to lower the deck, which should be possible. would this be ok? or is there other problems?

and also make to my question about the ledger board and damp proof membrane?...

doesnt matter where the ledger board is, it wont create problems with damp on the house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back