DEEP SHOWER TRAY

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to get a deep shower tray about 6 - 8 inches deep and by that I don't mean the side profile. I want to be able to step in the tray - not on it. I have
seen one which is 120mm but that is only 5 inches and when you step on it
the depth is only about an inch. I have looked on so many sites I have now expanded to europe as I know they use this type. I can get a small bath which is 15 inches deep but that's not practical because we are 'older'people and getting older by the day - I do not want to have to 'climb' in and out of it.
Any help appreciated. I have even looked at extra size butler style sinks but that would mean getting a plinth/base made for it and that would raise it up even more.

Sponsored Links
:cry: Because we cannot have a traditional surrounding glass enclosure due to toilet being right next to this (you would not be able to lift your elbows if you were on the bog and there was a screen in the way at the side) so we are going to use bifolds which I do not want 'low' down near the floor I would prefer it if they were at least eight inches upwards. Hope that makes sense

Wetroom with tray profile covered with vinyl non slip flooring and seat and shower curtain.

Daniel.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Daniel, thought of that too but as it will be the other side of the toilet
may not be practical ?

I found a cast iron tray on legs - looked reasonably deep - £800 :eek: . You might have some luck searching architectural salvage sites for ceramic shower trays. Also try www.brokenbog.com

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back