Design a roofed Lean-to

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi was just looking for some simple information before i start this project, i have been googleing all morning and all i keep getting is people trying to sell me books saying i can build anything out of wood with this book aaarrrr,.

Any way i just wondered if anyone knows where i can find some simple plans/instructions for building a lean to on the back of my house it will be 5.7 wide x 2.3 high at the wall side x 2.3 wide
i was wondering a few things, i will be putting a roof on it, What would be the Best material to Use for the roof? Whats the best material to use for the frame? How often do i have to space my roof batons? what sort of pitch should i go for to run rain water off? sorry for all the questions but this is why i have spent all morning googleing till i gave up and cam on here to ask,

thanks everyone in advance

Sponsored Links
A photo of the proposed area might help? and or a brief basic sketch or at least clarify your dimensions. Is the 5.7m parallel to the house wall for example, is 2.3m the top of the pitch or the eaves height?

Is it exposed or sheltered? Will it have posts on the outside or is it between two walls? Do you want it to look nice or is it purely functional? i.e oak framed with rustic wooden shingle roof or simple cheap marvec wavy sheeting?

Is this intended to be a shed or covered storage?

thanks for the reply, i will add some photos tomorrow of proposed area, 5.7 meter is the house wall the ledger will be fixed to, 2.3m is the top of the pitch, it is on the back of the house in a built up are so slightly exposed but not near open fields, it will have posts on the outside, i want it to look decent but i am not looking for anything real fancy, it will be for a sort of chill out area so not a shed or covered storage it will just have a patio table and chairs,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back