Developing a unique idea for a website

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning Folks

I have an idea which I would like to develop in to a website. What is the best way of finding out if that idea/service has already been thought of by someone else? Is it just a matter of using a search engine with key words or is there a more sophisticated way of finding out?

I don’t want to steal someone else’s idea!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I would say look it up on the internet. If someone has developed the idea, it will be there for all to see and use.

Like securespark said Google it ! If it ain't there go for it, if it is but its obscure go for it . As long as it's not a patentable this you're free to act.

Sponsored Links
I have an idea which I would like to develop in to a website............ if that idea/service has already been thought of by someone else...........I don’t want to steal someone else’s idea!

If you really, really, believe that your idea is yours and yours alone, then my advice would be to go ahead and develop your website. If you google it, then 2 things can happen:
1. Someone will see your post, jump in, and steal your idea and beat you by developing their own website, or:
2. Someone else who had the same idea as you had but beat you to the development of his/her own website will let you know in no uncertain terms.

You never know, perhaps your little acorn might grow into the mightiest of oaks. Good luck.

I have an idea which I would like to develop in to a website............ if that idea/service has already been thought of by someone else...........I don’t want to steal someone else’s idea!

If you really, really, believe that your idea is yours and yours alone, then my advice would be to go ahead and develop your website. If you google it, then 2 things can happen:
1. Someone will see your post, jump in, and steal your idea and beat you by developing their own website, or:
2. Someone else who had the same idea as you had but beat you to the development of his/her own website will let you know in no uncertain terms.

You never know, perhaps your little acorn might grow into the mightiest of oaks. Good luck.
Whyayeman

Back