Difficulties connecting external siren

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

My name's André and I'm from Portugal. I know US alarm systems have some particularities that can differ from european alarm systems but since I wasn't able to find help anywhere else, maybe you can give me some guidance, please.

I have a Rokonet Orbit-6 Model RP-206 (installer manual) with 3 PIR motion detectors and 2 keypads (this is a hardwired alarm, everything is hardwired).

External siren is a Klaxon Model XPRO HV (installer manual).

I was able to install correctly everything except the external siren that I don't understand how can I connect to the alarm board. PIR detectors and keypads work correctly, I was able to configure everything that I want but I don't understand how external siren and alarm can connect each other.

This is what I've got:

Alarm module wiring diagram

External siren wiring diagram

I believe I need to connect the external siren in BELL/LS connectors, but I don't understand how to do it and how this works.

Can someone please point me the right direction?

If I can give you any more details, please ask.

Thank you in advance

Sponsored Links
My guess, for what it's worth...

Panel..................Bell
Aux----------------Supply+ and Strobe+
com----------------Supply-
U0-----------------Strobe- (program output as Alarm follow, latched)
Bell/LS+ )xxxxx( Trig+
Bell/LS- )xxxxxx( Trig- (one or the other, not both! Try it!!)

There seems to be no provision for bell tamper :(

I can't work out whether the Bell/LS output is an AC tone for a loudspeaker or DC for a bell. If it's DC, I don't know whether the + or - is switched.

Just a thought... You might just connect the Panel's Bell+/- to the bell's Supply+/- (if the normal state is with power applied) and run it as an SCB (powered from its own battery). Again, you'll need to check or try this out.

Good luck! ;)

Hi again,

My guess, for what it's worth...

Panel..................Bell
Aux----------------Supply+ and Strobe+
com----------------Supply-
U0-----------------Strobe- (program output as Alarm follow, latched)
Bell/LS+ )xxxxx( Trig+
Bell/LS- )xxxxxx( Trig- (one or the other, not both! Try it!!)

There seems to be no provision for bell tamper :(

I can't work out whether the Bell/LS output is an AC tone for a loudspeaker or DC for a bell. If it's DC, I don't know whether the + or - is switched.

Just a thought... You might just connect the Panel's Bell+/- to the bell's Supply+/- (if the normal state is with power applied) and run it as an SCB (powered from its own battery). Again, you'll need to check or try this out.

Good luck! ;)

Thanks a lot for this! It worked really great. I was even able to install the tamper switch on Zone 6 (installer manual referred to this as a possible use for tamper). Alarm, strobe and tamper work perfectly!

Just a little problem I have now: I believe the alarm assumes that should exist a current draw between BELL/LS +/- since keypad is now beeping, alerting for a possible siren problem. Since I'm just using negative BELL/LS for siren trigger -, I believe I should close the circuit to avoid this alert, and stop the keypad beeps. The keypad doesn't allow to supress this alert, keypad is just beeping all the time.

Any idea how? I tried applying 12VDC from AUX, but didn't work.

Thank you one more time. Excelent help!

Maybe a resistor between BELL/LS+ and BELL/LS- ? If you can, try something between 10k and 1k ohms.

If this stops the trigger working, connect the resistor between BELL/LS+ and COM.

Remember: you can reduce the resistance by connecting more resistors in parallel e.g. Two 2k2 resistors make 1k1 or three 4k7 resistors make ~1k6.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back