Difficulty with removing tall sink mixer kitchen tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have disconnected the pipes from the water supply but can not see how to disconnect the pipes from inside the tall tap fitting. These pipes are preventing me from removing the tap fitting. The pipes consist of two metal pipes (one hot, one cold) connecting to another two bent copper pipe which connect to flexible pipes (now disconnected from the main water supplies).

I have never done this before and can only think to saw through the copper pipes to enable the tap to be removed. Is this right or have I missed something?

Any help really appreciated!

Sponsored Links
If the pipes taper towards the top, (nearest tap). Then they will unscrew.

;)

The 'tails' on the tap are often screwed into the tap body. They are usually relatively soft copper that can be bent by hand. You may need to 'bend them back to straight(-ish) so there's clearance to unscrew them from the tap.
Removing one tail will probably give enough clearance to remove the tap.
If there are soldered pipe fittings on the tails stopping them from turning, you may have to resort to the hacksaw.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back