Digital picture frame question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a digital picture frame which says it has to be supplied with 12volts 0.8amp supply which I have I would like to power it by a battery as I'm going to be using it a art show on my stall,I have a 12volt batttery which is saying 7.2a/h will this do?

Sponsored Links
Yeah, it should be.

Matching the voltage accurately is fairly important. The current though is a bit like the size of a petrol tank. The bigger the AH rating then the bigger the capacity. Batteries have internal resistance so there'll be a bit of power lost due to that, but if the battery is in good condition and fully charged then you might be able to get 8 hrs worth of display time from the photo frame, and possbly more if the 0.8 amp rating is the maximum current draw rather than a lower figure for constant delivery.

as an aside a fully charged battery can be as high as 20% overvoltage or 14.4v so may or may not be a problem
also as the battery runs down the voltage can drop below 10v

Ok I have connected a 12volt 7.2 amp battery and it works fine, now to charge what voltage and amps would I need ??

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back