Dimensions of Bosch router bits...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

Does anyone have one of these bits: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004WO637E/? (Bosch 2609256608 25mm Tongue Jointing Bit Two Flutes)

I'm trying to learn the width of the remaining tongue, so I can decide whether I need a groove cutter or can do it with my existing straight bits.

As usual, Amazon's description leaves out important information but includes useless details such as: "Batteries Included? No" :))

While we're on the subject, does anyone know of a reasonably-priced "one piece tongue and groove router bit" such as shown in this video:

Thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links
Take it from me, you are far better off using a groover with the appropriate bearing to cut the grooves than trying to balance your router on the narrow edge of a long board. That way lies madness! (or a few ruined boards, frayed tempers, etc.....)

I don't see the advantage of a one-piece bit, although I use a "kit of parts" type set (in fact these from Wealden Tool) which is a lot more verastile. If you are using in a router table then all you need to do is drop the cutter by 5mm to run the matching groove - providing your material is 15mm thick or less. Other than that a 5mm groover with a bearing to give you a 5mm deep tongue would do the job. Personally I find bearing-guided T&G sets easier to set up, and both faster and more accurate in use as well as easier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back