Dimplex Towel Rail not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have moved into a house and the small toilet room downstairs has a Dimplex Towel Rail BR range with a Dimplex Towel Rail energy regulator DX4123 outside.

The wiring goes in a blank plate, which is connect through a switch with a fuse and the the regulator above it.

This is not working at all, I've tried the fuse, checked no loose wires any other ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_4066.JPG
    IMG_4066.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_4067.JPG
    IMG_4067.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_4068.JPG
    IMG_4068.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 217
Sponsored Links
Hi

The rest of the house is gas central heating combi boiler

Concrete floors hence no mains heater

Do you have power at the FCU ? I will be wired like this: Supply>FCU>Control> Heater.

Regards,

DS

Sponsored Links
Do you mean at the fuse switch? If so then yes, light is on and fuse been swapped

Hi, yes if the light is on then it must be the control or the heating element that is faulty. If you have a method of testing for power you can check the Output of the controller.

Regards,

DS

Is there a way to bypass the energy regulator to rule that out?

Hi, yes if you post a picture of the back of the control we can advise.

Regards,

DS

Hi, it would appear to be two wires L supply + L out if you connect them together using connector block that will operate the element if is Ok .

Regards,

DS

I have a extn lead cut could I plug that into the wall and wire it straight to the heater at the face plate in bathroom

That would test it

Ok so I connect a lead up to it and plugged it into the socket, test screwdriver light comes on,

see photo, will this test just the heater

Attachments

• IMG_4071.JPG
    IMG_4071.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 232
If that white cable goes to the radiator directly then yes but you MUST connect that earth cable to the connector strip.

If there is a fault with the element you could potentially make the whole radiator live.

OK the good news I can feel the top 2 rungs starting to heat to the problem must either be the fuse switch or the regulator.

Hi, sorry i thought you were removing the controller ? that was why i said just connect the two lives together, that would confirm the supply is ok if the heater worked.

DS

ok I've done that now see photos so if it heats up its the regulator switch at fault

Attachments

• IMG_4069.JPG
    IMG_4069.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_4072.JPG
    IMG_4072.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 217

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back