Diplomat dishwasher adp 8332

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First time I've posted anything-so please help.
I have followed the many posts about these dishwashers and have decided to tackle the problem we have with ours so I'm sure from what I've read someone will be able to help. (We haven't used the dishwasher for months because of this fault) The appliance is 5 years old and displays the F4 fault. I have cleaned the filters and the outlet waste pipe. The black grill at 3 o'clock in the sump was particularly dirty and I have gently -with a small paint brush- cleaned that too.
I restarted the machine in rinse mode (only because I didn't want to wait too long) and at the end of the cycle it worked then I did it again for luck! Job done I thought! Then I tried a the short 30min wash cycle. At the end of this the F4 fault reappeared :mad:.
I removed the appliance from it's place and took the side off there is no evidence of anything suspicious or leaking under there. With the appliance out I disconnected the waste hose and put it into a bucket and ran two successful rinse cycles, water and a small amount of food debris came out. Then I put the machine back and reconnected the outlet hose to the sink trap and tried the 30 min wash cycle again and the fault came back In all cases the sump inside was totally empty of water and the pump continued to run until I switched the machine off. I suspect some sort of level detector which should switch the pump off and end the cycle is faulty?
Getting desperate now please help!

Sponsored Links
Make sure your sink spigot isn't blocked. F4 errors is commonly caused by this little chap being clogged/defective http://www.espares.co.uk/part/dishw...976/0/0/662485/pressure-switch-diaphragm.html Lie the machine on its back & remove the base plate. Locate the pressure switch on the RH side of the sump & take it out. Clean the grill & diaphragm really well (they often get blocked by fat/bits of sticky labels etc). If you have a multimeter check the diaphragm actually switches by poking a cable tie or some other blunt item gently through the grill to activate the switch. Re-fit & try a cycle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back