Disable External Sounder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I want to disable the extrnal sounder whilst testing.

I read in another thread

"If you intend to test it without connecting the external sounder (avoids annoying the neighbours) then also link Bell terminal C (Tamp) to D (0V) with another short length of wire to disable the tamper circuit for the sounder. Remove this link when connecting the sounder."

If I disconnect all the bell wire and do the link, wont the sounder sound using the power from the SAB ?

What is the best way to go about this?

Panel is Texecom 24 Wireless and the sounder is an Odyssey.

Thanks in anticipation

Sponsored Links
if the sounder is hard wired you can program bell and strobe to no areas in area options and in global options monitor harder turn off the bell tamper so you don't have to use any cable.

Just take out the B bell trip cable in the panel,just remember to put it back in !

Sponsored Links
If it's an Odyssey bell then you can temporarily disable the siren for 15 minutes by activating the hold-off mode.

From the manual:

This is achieved by using the unit’s unique patented engineer Hold-Off mode. This is invoked by activating and de-activating the strobe three times within 30 seconds. Most control panels have a method of testing the strobe, which should be utilised. Failing this the strobe can be manually activated by connecting the S (STRB) wire to 0V at the control panel. Hold-Off mode is shown to be active with the tamper circuit secure by the right LED only flashing.
If the tamper circuit is not opened then Hold-Off mode will automatically start to cancel after 15 minutes, indicated by the LEDs alternating rapidly to signal that S/A on tamper will be re-enabled within a further 2 minutes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back