Disable Yale HSA6400 for home move

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a yale HSA6400 which I installed after xmas last year, all installed ok and has worked fine since.

I am in the process of moving soon and will need to disable/decomission the alarm to take with us to the new property.

i have re read the manual and checked the dvd also, just wondered if anyone else out there had done this.

my plan is to disable tamper on the siren and the main control panel, go outside turn the siren to off under the cover and then remove from wall (20ft in the air of course!) just dont want the thing to go off after the hour should I remove the batteries??

I will then remove the control panel from the wall and carry out a factory reset on it as I plan to refit it once we get to the new property so would like to get it to an out of the box condition to setup from scratch.

Does this sound ok or would you go into the settings and remove all the devices first before doing anything then disable tamper and then go about removing everything off the wall?

Cheers for any help/advice given.

Lee

Sponsored Links
when you unplug the control panel, it will start to bleep once the battery starts to run down. This is quite tiresome. Remove the rubber plug from the back and switch off the battery switch, then the panel will go dead once unplugged. It will retain your personalised settings though.

Take the batteries out of the siren and other devices, you will doubtless want to fit new ones when you reinstall it.

I would certainly set tamper off and remove the siren from the wall before doing anything else. Or at least remove the siren batteries.

when you unplug the control panel, it will start to bleep once the battery starts to run down. This is quite tiresome.
... just to ask, if you have a fuse blow that feeds your system, how would you know if the control panel didn't tell you?

I know.

When the system is dead, flat battery, nothing happens!

you are (perhaps deliberately since you dislike low-price DIY wireless systems) misunderstanding.

The OP is going to dismantle his system and put it out of service. Hence he will not achieve a benefit from the persistent bleep warning for some hours that his system has lost power. So I have described how to turn it off.

When the system is in service, the stand-by battery and the warning bleep are useful.

So when it is reinstalled, he will be following the installation sequence, which includes turning the battery on.

Sponsored Links
when you unplug the control panel, it will start to bleep once the battery starts to run down. This is quite tiresome.
... just to ask, if you have a fuse blow that feeds your system, how would you know if the control panel didn't tell you?

I know.

When the system is dead, flat battery, nothing happens!
Always looking to start an argument aren't you.

Always looking to start an argument aren't you.

you are indeed.

Did you have anything to say that was helpful to the OP?

Still not changed I see, you never read and understand anything about alarms do you, be it your favourite or any other.

Don't either of you bother to reply, especially the new guy, bet he does not know anything about alarms either.

Europlex, your posts on this thread have been entirely useless, and no help to the OP.

Hi All,

Thanks for your advice did not mean to start WW3 on the board!

The method I used was to turn the siren tamper to off remove the siren from the wall (up a ladder) switch this to off and remove batteries incase of leakage as it may be stored for a bit.

I then removed the panel switched the battery to off and powered down.

For good measure I reset the unit back to factory (explains this process in the manual) so I can start fresh in the new place.

Thanks again all for your help.

Lee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back